Friday, November 1, 2013

This week in Preschool.....October 21-22, and October 28-November 1

My help comes from the Lord.  Psalm 121:2
(Jesus said,) "I am with you always."  Matthew 28:20

Due to the short week last week, I am combining the two weeks together.

In Jesus Time we are learning about baby Moses and how God protected him.  Then, we learned how Moses grew up to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt and how they crossed the Red Sea.  We also carved our pumpkin that goes along with our Pumpkin Prayer.
Pumpkin Prayer
Dear Jesus,
As I carve my pumpkin,
help me pray this prayer:

Open my mind so I can learn about You;
(cut the top off the pumpkin)
Take all my sin and forgive the wrong that I do.
(Clean out the inside)
Open my eyes so Your love I will see;
(cut eyes shaped like hearts)
I'm sorry for times I've turned up my nose
at what You've given to me.
(cut a nose in the shape of the cross)
Open my ears so Your word I will hear;
(cut ears shaped like the Bible)
Open my mouth to tell others You're near.
(cut the mouth in the shape of a fish)
Let Your light shine in all I say and do!
Amen.
(place a candle inside and light it)











This week in Art, we made a party on paper and glued paper cup cake liners and pom poms on the paper, easel painted, we used paper strips and pipe cleaners and a pencil and we rolled them to make curls, then glued them on the paper, we blew colored bubbles. The colored bubbles helped us understand that God made the water move in the Red Sea and the people were able to cross on dry land.



















We practiced our cutting, and made shapes with yarn on sand paper, construction paper, and fun foam.  This allowed us to discover what the yarn would stick to, and they each had a different texture.  We played going to the Cardinals game and we made seat numbers and tickets, had an usher help us find our seat, and watched a great game of baseball.  We also talked about where else you may need a ticket and have a special seat number to sit in.  We also got 2 classroom iPads and we used them to trace shapes.


























We emptied our bean table and we have straws and scissors in the sensory table.  It's fun to see the straws fly in the tub and we get more practice cutting and strengthen our hand muscles.  And, when we spill we are learning to use the broom and dust pan to help clean up.  In our dramatic play area, we have an office set up, with old computers, phones, cell phones and calculators, they are hard at work.
















We have made block creations and we have read to our friends.





We went to Manor Grove and Trick or Treated with the residents.  Thanks to all the parents and grandparents that helped us walk down there.




























This week we read....
Courduroy's Best Halloween Ever
P is for Pumpkin
Too Many Pumpkins
The Pumpkin Patch Parable
T is for Turkey

I will be submitting the book orders on Monday afternoon  (after 12:15 p.m.), you still have time to browse and order this weekend if you would like.

1 comment: